Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cheap-o Lashes!

As a make-up artist, I constantly have to restock on false lashes. And the best kind of lashes are real hair not the plastic ones. I used to use those because the kuripot in me just cannot spend 500+ pesos on false lashes that I would just have to throw away after it has been worn out! (Ahem, Ardell) The problem with the plastic ones is that they look so unnatural and spiky! definitely weird looking!

Thankfully in make-up school my teacher introduced us to these lashes!

 
They are unbranded but they are made from real hair!! The best part is its only... 35pesos!! Yay! compared to 500+ right?? They are only available in Landmark Trinoma. (I'm not sure if Landmark Makati also carry them) Don't let the lousy packaging discourage you because these are really great lashes especially if you want a more natural look.
It comes in 5 varieties:

1. Natural- the hairs are all in the same length.

2. Spiky 1- shorter in length and have a variation in hair lengths but still  natural looking.

3. Spiky 1+2- Same as spiky 1 but with a bit more volume.

4. Spiky 2- Length is longer and has more volume.

5. Spiky 3- For dramatic looks.

The best part (aside from the price) is that the lashes also come in BROWN!! Its super hard to find those!! Just use decent lash adhesive to use these. I use spirit gum from Cinema Secrets but I also swear by the Nichido lash glue! Aido also have some pretty good ones(as I've heard) but I haven't had a chance to try those.

                   Model Wearing Natural 

Pros:
  • Price! 35 pesos yay!
  • As a MUA, its great for clients because its just cheap so you wouldn't want your lashes back! =P
  • Its lightweight unlike plastic lashes.
Cons:
  • The Packaging. you have to tear apart the box to get the lashes undamaged.
  • Only 5 Varieties available. (No Under lashes..)

P.S. When I dropped by the Cosmetologie 2010 event in SMX last Feb. 24, one booth was selling these exact lashes for 25 pesos only! Yay! to the supplier! I surely stocked up on these!! =P

Would you want a tutorial on how to apply false lashes? Lemme know!

HAPPY SHOPPING!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream