Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nail of the Day: Ripe Peach Ombre

 
I know the title says Nail of the Day but It most likely is my Nail of the Decade because I can't seem to find the will to do this ever again! =P

This is my first attempt at nail art and I know its not perfect as I still need to have a professional manicure soon but I liked how this turned out! 

If you haven't figured out yet my inspiration for this would be the MAC Ombre Blush in Ripe Peach

 
I cannot stress enough how much I love this blush and since I can't have it, I'd settle for dreaming about it. =D And while sleeping, my nails magically turned into this blush! =P

Unfortunately, I did not take step-by-step pictures as you would laugh as to how I ended up with this. It was super hard for me as I really can't apply decent nail polish on myself and this is just my left hand as I absolutely cannot recreate this in my right! More practice to me! But I'll get there..=D

I used a gradation technique I learned from Elessa in you tube. But instead of clear polish, I decided to use a coral and orange nail color. Perfect for summer again with the oranges,pinks and corals..=D

I used these polishes all from Etude house..=D I love their bottles! Its sooo cute! And the nail bling (Sorry I'm improvising I dunno what it's called!=P) I bought from Landmark.
 
I would love to share with you the shades that I used but I can't read Korean and the label confuses me so I'll just take a picture and you can decipher what the shade is..hehe..

 

Base Coat



Pinky/Coral Polish


 
Orange Polish

All bought from Etude House in Megamall. I love their polish its inexpensive and It dries faster than other local polishes.



I didn't use nail glue since I don't have one. I used some old clear polish that turned tacky and used that to stick the bling to my nails. 

Yep definitely more practice to me, but I quite like how this turned out! 


Happy Shopping!!

8 comments:

lelila said...

very nice!!! so ripe peach!!!

traciethediva said...

i tried my best! =D thanks!

ThRiSzHa said...

simply pretty!! I just newly found ur blog.. Im glad to found a another pinay blogger who also into nail art like me...
btw, how much is etude house polish in Manila? I would love the try this polish when I go back in Manila on May..
pls. email at hanniz017 at yahoo dot com

tnx!!

YenRobles said...

I got an award for ya! Check out my blog.♥

* Jewelry Designer: Harjot * said...

ioooh cute nails!

traciethediva said...

@ThRiSzHa: The prices differ here in manila the small bottles cost around 48-98 pesos depending on the formula..=D

@YenRobles: Award? for me? *blushes* =D

@Harjot: Thanks muchies!! =D

Anonymous said...

Instead, put grass clippings to use as mulch for your garden.
Wear disposable gloves to keep from directly touching
feces. Depending on the density of the mulch, one should lay two to six inches
of mulch over topsoil in the vegetable garden.



Also visit my web blog :: mulching

Anonymous said...

37 kits (round that up to 9 total quart and a half kits).
Also, keep in mind that the ingredients for the mix should be bought from a home improvement store to
insure quality. However, both the methods have their own pros and cons.


my weblog - concrete

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream