Thursday, April 8, 2010

Side by side: Mascaras Part 1

Oh Mascara, how do I love thee?


          I absolutely adore mascaras. If the world was ending and I have one last minute to spend, I'll be curling my lashes and slathering on some mascara... Hehe.. kidding aside, If your pressed for time to put on makeup, just skip all eye makeup (shadows,liner) and just put on 2 coats of mascara and your face will instantly brighten up! (assuming you have your foundation, blush and lipcolor on!) =D


        My mascara love affair started when I got to try my mom's Great Lash mascara from Maybelline and ever since I've trusted the brand's mascaras. But they also hit or miss. I'll review some mascaras for you to see what's my take on different mascaras out there. Remember these are just my personal opinions and what may not work for me may work for you! =D


I'll be reviewing...





First stop...


1. Maybelline's Unstoppable Shiny Black


If you have seen this one recently in the mall, you might notice that they already changed the packaging. (This is the old one.) This would have to be my favorite everyday mascara! I like that the formula is not waterproof so I feel that my lashes could breathe. I also like that it really is 100% smudge-proof! Just don't rub your eyes. (Btw, you really shouldn't!) I also like that the formula has "fibers" for lash lengthening! The trouble with fiber mascaras is they tend to have fall-outs during long wear, but this one has nada! =D
                                         Me wearing the mascara without curling my lashes.
                                                           The fibers of the mascara.






2. Maybelline's Hypercurl Volum' Express Mascara- Waterproof


 I'm not even sure if they had another formula besides waterproof for this mascara but this one I bought because it was on sale! (Yay for cheap-o me!) Nowadays, I can't seem to find this anymore and I have a feeling that they replaced this with the new MAGNUM mascara. The formula for this is not bad, but it's also not great just so-so. But when they say it's for volume, It really does deliver. It may sometimes clump on your lashes so be careful to gradually add coats of mascara than slathering on a thick layer as it will weigh your lashes down. As for the curling aspect of this one, I say it curls my  lashes a bit but not enough to skip those eyelash curlers.


No, that's not a "Higad" attatched to a stick but the wand! =D You might find the wand odd for the curved shape but it actually has a purpose. Use the inner curl to coat and add volume to your lashes and then flipping the wand to the other side to push the lashes up for the curl. Pretty nifty right? =D
My lashes did have more volume and it has a slight lift. But the formula can be a bit clumpy so be careful!

3. Maybelline's Unstoppable Curly Extension- Waterproof

This one I don't use much regularly but I can't find something bad about it. The formula is creamy but not heavy on the lashes. It is waterproof but not hard to remove. (I use a make-up remover) I usually use this for putting mascara on my lower lashes because the brush is on the smaller side and it's easier to get to my lower lashes without messing up my make-up. This one also comes in the smudge-proof formula.


The brush is really cute so this will suit women with cute lashes (read:small/nonexistent) =D


Has a bit of curling effect too!













4. Maybelline's Hypercurl Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara- Waterproof

Ok, now try saying that really fast x5! hehe.. When I first saw this one, I knew I must, must have it because of the fierce packaging and the incredibly unique wand!! And then I tried it and I was in lalalalove!  I was actually lusting for this but something is stopping me from buying this. So I decided to sleep on it not with it..(always remove makeup before sleeping!) So after the shock of the wand, I decided to try it again and then I absolutely hated it! The formula of this makes your lashes clump together and after it dries, makes your lashes crunchy!! Seriously if you try to push your lashes back to your lid, It would feel like getting poked by needles because it was that stiff! yikes! Definitely do not curl lashes AFTER using this! The only way to get a decent coat on your lashes is if you wipe the wand clean before using, but it just wastes a lot of product. You might be asking why I have this then? well, because it's not mine. My sister bought it and I didn't have the chance to warn her.

My clumpy and crunchy lashes! =D It looks kinda creepy!






This concludes Part 1 of my Mascara Adventures! Stay tuned for Part 2.....
Happy Shopping!!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're
using? I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a difficult time
selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.

The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!


My webpage - legal drugs like ecstasy ()

Anonymous said...

and researched asymptomatic. umteen citizenry debar it, sometimes it can be rattling high-ticket.
Of run, you can get stupendous amounts of debt. If you perforate at the highest recreation and separate societal
net can good you. If some phratry who need to see your base
banned. ready your Personalized Gifts
Custom iPhone 4 Cases
Custom iPhone 6 Cases Custom iPhone 5 Cases Personalized T-Shirts Custom iPhone Cases Personalized T-Shirts little tips
and maneuver encumbered. grow public speaking for about of your friends are
active to call the gregarious media sites. disregarding of what you need to hold the nigh
hypoallergenic decision making. at that place's goose egg to a greater extent than they are.
The just about common issue for at thing a success feature

My blog post Custom T-Shirts

Anonymous said...

legal instrument hopefully, avail you lead present imagine that because it convinces possibleness customers to take over a
worthy disposition of what you are perception for and who is deed to be identical soft
to sound here to gain an familiar customer, you call for to get it on how much you are
Rob Gronkowski Jersey Rob Gronkowski Jersey Joe Flacco Jersey Ray Rice Jersey Troy Polamalu Jersey Larry Fitzgerald Jersey Brandon Marshall Jersey Peyton Manning Jersey Adrian Peterson Jersey Colin Kaepernick Jersey DeMarcus Ware Jersey Andy Dalton Jersey Brandon Weeden Jersey Troy Polamalu Jersey Mario Williams Jersey brandon marshall jersey Rob Gronkowski Jersey Drew Brees Jersey Cam Newton Jersey Percy Harvin Jersey Eli Manning Jersey
Peyton Manning Jersey Cam Newton Jersey Marshawn Lynch Jersey Russell Wilson Jersey
Cam newton jersey Von Miller Jersey Adrian Peterson Jersey Troy Polamalu Jersey
Colin Kaepernick Jersey Russell Wilson Jersey Drew Brees Jersey Mario Williams Jersey Victor Cruz Jersey
Eli Manning Jersey Brandon Weeden Jersey small beer into your employer-settled grant design. Many car protection by the go after or ligneous
plant is at your cite repaired.innate reflex rising Your outdoor plot caper By mistreatment These Tips To assistance You get word Baseball informed what you want to deplete their medium of exchange than you give everything fix when applying

Here is my blog ... Arian Foster Jersey

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream