Monday, August 9, 2010

Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub: A Review

Hello Ladies!! Summer has long been gone and one way to feel our new season is to shed off that tan. I've gotten a bit dark this summer from all the beach getaways I've gone to and now I feel silly being tan since it's not summer anymore. While most people prefer summer, somehow I love our rainy season better. I love clothes that are for colder climates (think Blair from Gossip Girl, Cute!!) and I want my skin to look paler for the weather. (weird ba yun?)

Soooo.. enough blabbering.. I decided to try Body Scrubs since I feel that I can just slough off my tan.(haha assuming!) and so that I can just target areas that became darker to have a somewhat even complexion. After reading in Cosmo that there is this new product that can scrub your body, whiten while moisturizing and has Vitamin E, I decided to give it a try! And best of it all.. It's dirt cheap!! =D

It's called Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub.


I bought mine for ₱ 130 for a 250 g tub. Cheap right? but was it a waste of money? hmmmm....

Asian secret says that the benefits are:
  • It gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells to soften the skin and give it a radiant glow.
  • Frequent usage reduces skin pigmentation and evens out skin tone by getting rid of dark patches, especially in areas prone to darkening such as the elbows, knees, armpits, and area between the thighs.
  • It contains Vitamin E and Green Tea extract, powerful anti-oxidants that protect your skin from free radicals to keep it healthy and young looking.
  • It also contains Squalene and Olive Oil that help maintain moisture in your skin.  
Wow, are you impressed? pretty good stuff right? so I went ahead and used it as per their directions:

"Scrub all over your skin especially the dark areas while it is dry to remove impurities, dead skin and dirt. Rinse with water. Use Daily"

 So I did that for about a week but I noticed that some red bumps appeared on my skin. Though my skin is not that sensitive, I found that the direction of using the scrub while your skin is dry can be a bit too rough on the skin. (To the ladies that have tried this, did you experience the same thing?)

(Now that the product is in front of me they actually have a warning that If irritation or rashes occur, discontinue use. Ooops.. must have missed that one... )

Anyway, I continued using it after I have showered so that my skin is wet and voila! The bumps are gone! and best of all, my skin feels so smooth after. I do notice a bit of lightening of my dark spots but not too drastic. I also noticed that my skin feels warm after using this. (Good or Bad? You decide) I have used this daily for 3 weeks now and I still haven't finished my tub!

What's good about it:
  • The Price! for ₱130 a tub is not bad since it has tons of product!
  • It is very creamy and full of scubbing beads unlike other creamy body scrubs where you can actually count how many beads there are.
  • My skin doesn't feel dry after but I still put lotion after.
  • The smell! At first I didn't like it because it was a bit over-powering but now that I've gotten used to it, I like it now. =D
                                               You can see all the scrubbing beads! =D

What I don't like about it:
  • I had red bumps. But I figured out a way around that.
  • For the ladies who have sensitive skin, the ingredients have Parabens. =(  
  • It's only exclusively available in Watsons
Will I purchase again? Definitely! The cons doesn't trump the pros for me especially since it's super CHEAP!! haha like me? hmmm..=P

HAPPY SHOPPING!!

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

We're happy you like Asian Secrets Lulur. :)

traciethediva said...

@Rochelle: Yep I do! I'm on my 2nd tub..=D Btw, have you tried this too?

tintin rejano said...

weeee. i love lulur as well. but i didn't have the red bumps like you. i religiously use this product everyday and it works especially sa parts ng singit at elbows. FYI: this is the number 1 whitening product sa indonesia. ^^

traciethediva said...

@tintin: Lucky that you didn't have the red bumps! but it's just probably my skin that's sensitive to the procedure of scrubbing while the skin is dry. I agree that It works on the singit! haha galing! =D Ahh so sikat sha in Indonesia? Good thing it found it's way to us! =D

Anonymous said...

What's up everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this web page,
and article is in fact fruitful for me, keep up posting
these articles.

Have a look at my blog post: beste private krankenversicherung

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this web site is in fact working hard for his
site, since here every information is quality based stuff.


My web page how can someone With bad credit buy a house

Anonymous said...

whoah this weblog is fantastic i really like reading your posts.
Keep up the great work! You already know, lots of individuals are
looking around for this information, you can aid them greatly.



Also visit my page http://www.olap.com/w/index.php?Title=user:galepp

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i'm glad to
show that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I
needed. I such a lot certainly will make sure to don?

t fail to remember this website and provides it a glance regularly.


my weblog; Utente:FlorianCra - Culturame.it

Anonymous said...

It's very trouble-free to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this web site.

Check out my weblog ... real work at home jobs no scams no fees

Anonymous said...

Awesome issues here. I am very satisfied to look your post.
Thank you a lot and I am taking a look forward to touch you.
Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

Here is my web blog: Click On this site

Anonymous said...

You've made some good points there. I looked on the web for more info about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.

Feel free to visit my weblog :: Google adverts

Anonymous said...

Incredible quest there. What happened after?

Thanks!

Here is my web blog - simply click the up coming website page

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream