Hello Ladies!! Summer has long been gone and one way to feel our new season is to shed off that tan. I've gotten a bit dark this summer from all the beach getaways I've gone to and now I feel silly being tan since it's not summer anymore. While most people prefer summer, somehow I love our rainy season better. I love clothes that are for colder climates (think Blair from Gossip Girl, Cute!!) and I want my skin to look paler for the weather. (weird ba yun?)
Soooo.. enough blabbering.. I decided to try Body Scrubs since I feel that I can just slough off my tan.(haha assuming!) and so that I can just target areas that became darker to have a somewhat even complexion. After reading in Cosmo that there is this new product that can scrub your body, whiten while moisturizing and has Vitamin E, I decided to give it a try! And best of it all.. It's dirt cheap!! =D
It's called Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub.
I bought mine for ₱ 130 for a 250 g tub. Cheap right? but was it a waste of money? hmmmm....
Asian secret says that the benefits are:
- It gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells to soften the skin and give it a radiant glow.
- Frequent usage reduces skin pigmentation and evens out skin tone by getting rid of dark patches, especially in areas prone to darkening such as the elbows, knees, armpits, and area between the thighs.
- It contains Vitamin E and Green Tea extract, powerful anti-oxidants that protect your skin from free radicals to keep it healthy and young looking.
- It also contains Squalene and Olive Oil that help maintain moisture in your skin.
"Scrub all over your skin especially the dark areas while it is dry to remove impurities, dead skin and dirt. Rinse with water. Use Daily"
So I did that for about a week but I noticed that some red bumps appeared on my skin. Though my skin is not that sensitive, I found that the direction of using the scrub while your skin is dry can be a bit too rough on the skin. (To the ladies that have tried this, did you experience the same thing?)
(Now that the product is in front of me they actually have a warning that If irritation or rashes occur, discontinue use. Ooops.. must have missed that one... )
Anyway, I continued using it after I have showered so that my skin is wet and voila! The bumps are gone! and best of all, my skin feels so smooth after. I do notice a bit of lightening of my dark spots but not too drastic. I also noticed that my skin feels warm after using this. (Good or Bad? You decide) I have used this daily for 3 weeks now and I still haven't finished my tub!
What's good about it:
- The Price! for ₱130 a tub is not bad since it has tons of product!
- It is very creamy and full of scubbing beads unlike other creamy body scrubs where you can actually count how many beads there are.
- My skin doesn't feel dry after but I still put lotion after.
- The smell! At first I didn't like it because it was a bit over-powering but now that I've gotten used to it, I like it now. =D
What I don't like about it:
- I had red bumps. But I figured out a way around that.
- For the ladies who have sensitive skin, the ingredients have Parabens. =(
- It's only exclusively available in Watsons