Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Getting naked with Urban Decay Naked Palette!! with swatches

Lookie what came for me in the mail last Sunday...
It's my very own Urban Decay Naked Palette!! Wuhooo! I've been waiting for this since it was launched and I'm one of the lucky few that snatched up this palette before it went out of stock. But don't worry I heard that its going to be a permanent product of Urban Decay unlike those notorious Book of Shadows. 
 

It was my first time to pre-order from multiply since I'd rather buy on-hand stocks but I wasn't disappointed! =D I got mine from CareFreeShopper and Armie is so nice! I deposited my balance on Friday afternoon and got my package Sunday! She even added freebies! 

Thanks Armie!
 Now I won't hesitate to but pre-order from her again. =D

The Urban Decay Naked Palette has 12 eyeshadows with a dual-ended 24/7 pencil liner in Zero (Black) and a new color, Whiskey(Brown) plus it also has a mini size of the cult favorite Urban Decay Primer Potion(UDPP)! all for ₱2,800 + shipping. I must say that the price is a bit expensive but the price is great since this retails for $40 (approx. ₱2,000) in the US.

The eye shadows are neutrals with different finishes. Most are shimmery while some are satin, matte and sparkly. The texture is very creamy especially the shimmer shades and it blends so easily! The shades are also perfect for everyday make-up! You can create a no make-up look to extreme smokey eyes with this and it is perfect for work, school or even night outs! I can confidently say that this is the last palette you will ever need! (Or until the UD Book of Shadows vol. 3 comes along..=D)

I'll show you more close-up pictures of each shade.
Virgin: Satin; Sin: Shimmer; Naked: Matte
Sidecar: Sparkly; Buck: Matte; Half Baked: Shimmer
Smog: Shimmer; Darkhorse: Sparkly; Toasted: Shimmer
Hustle: Satin; Creep: Sparkly; Gunmetal: Sparkly
 The Shimmer shades are extremely gorgeous!! The sparkly shadows are quite unexpected since I don't like glittery shadows but these are extraordinary. The glitters are so small that it doesn't fall out but it does give that extra sparkle in the eyes. It's amazing! The satin shadows are okay. Hustle needed a bit of effort to apply but the color is very pretty. The matte shadows are just okay since these matte browns are quite easy to find. Individually the shadows it self are great but combine them into one palette? You got an awesome palette! The 24/7 pencil and the UDPP is just a great bonus. The design is also very ideal for traveling plus it has a mirror that can actually fit your face unlike other palettes that has a mirror that can only fit one eye! =D

Now keep reading for swatches..
Virgin: Satin, pinky beige shade. Great as a inner tear-duct highlighter
Sin: Shimmer, light pink with silver undertones. 
Naked: Matte, warm taupe brown. 
Sidecar: Sparkly, pinky taupe with silver glitters
Buck: Matte, warm medium brown
Half Baked: Shimmer, golden copper
Smog: Shimmer, dark golden brown

 Darkhorse: Sparkly, dark brown with gold glitters
Toasted: Shimmer, plumy golden pink
Hustle: Satin, dark plum brown 
Creep: Sparkly, almost matte black base with flecks of multi-colored glitters
Gunmetal: Sparkly, dark bluish gray with flecks of silver glitter
Ouch! my head hurts from trying to describe these colors! haha! I must say I didn't give it much justice because my descriptions seems blah compared to the actual shades! You really must see it to appreciate it. Phew! that's about it! sorry for making this post picture heavy! now here's another one..
Haha! If you want to invest in a great product then I suggest you get this palette. This is great for experienced make-up mavens or if you are just starting to build your make-up collection.  

HAPPY SHOPPING!




0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream