Thursday, September 23, 2010

Etude House: Proof 10 Eye Primer

Majority of Filipina Skin is oily. Then add to our oiliness the heat and humidity and yet we wonder why our make-up do not last long. It melts, fades and slides of our faces. Now, our prayers have been answered by the birth of Primers. There are face, lip and the most important and most needed by women, the Eye Primer. We have been suffering from creased eye shadows and migrated eyeliners for far too long. And now that we are more aware of these products we now strive to find the perfect one for us. We have all coveted the cult-favorite Urban Decay Primer Potion or the Two-Faced Shadow Insurance due to their popularity but sadly these brands are not available locally and you have to try your luck with Online Multiply Stores or rely on pasalubongs just to have these elusive products. Thus my lust for eye primers was born. It's quite funny how I can feel my heart skip every time I browse racks of cosmetics and see the label, "Eyeshadow Primer".

My mom has extremely oily lids and eye shadows and liners ALWAYS crease on her so I bought her the E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer. We have been fans of the E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer but sadly I just chanced upon it on a multiply site and never got new stocks.

So the search continues for an eye shadow primer and we stumbled upon the Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer!


  

Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer says that it "supplies coverage to eye-lids and around the eyes to enhance eyeshadow color and integrity for a longer lasting, perfect 10 look."

It comes with a doe-foot applicator and you must use your fingers to blend in the primer.



The texture is very creamy yet when blended, applies clear and matte. I like that the bottle is clear so that you can see how much product is left inside. I just don't know why they made the handle of the applicator so long.

After Blending

 Let's put this primer to the test. Here is my face with make-up on.

I then cooked lunch, went out, cooked again for class, walked to a busy intersection with guaranteed pollution on my face, got some groceries then did 11 somersaults and 7 back flips (Kidding!=P) and 12 hours later this is what my face or specifically my eyes look like.
It's clearly visible that my eye without the primer really got oily and yucky and the eyeshadow and liner is not even visible anymore. While my eye with the primer got a bit oily too but my eyeshadow is still somewhat visible and at least I can still see traces of my liner. Let's look at it up close. (get ready to be freaked out by "The Eye"!! =P)

 
Without Primer
 Up close, you can see my eyeshadow creased and totally faded! and my lids are not even extremely oily but I guess it was just a busy and hot day.

With Primer
Here, you can see that the color of my shadows significantly faded but at least some are still there! hehe.. and my eyeliner is still there and it is not that much oily too so no creasing.


So my verdict would be that this is an OK product. Not an OMG it's soooo Amaziiing!!! primer but it can help. But I think ladies with very oily lids would not find this great though since the oil control properties of this is not that great. But with the awesome price of ₱238 (I think.. I'll have to confirm first) for a 10 gram (0.35 oz.) bottle, go on and try it! It's cheap considering the amount of product. 


Get it at an Etude House store near you! =D

HAPPY SHOPPING!!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream