Monday, September 20, 2010

Lunch out at Omakase!




    I have been craving for Japanese Food for the longest time! I just don't know why I never found the chance to go out and eat but finally last Sunday, my craving was fulfilled! I have attempted to eat at Omakase last Saturday too since I was already in Eastwood and there is a branch just beside the Citibank Building but we had movie tickets and walking all the way there would mean missing the previews! (I love watching those! =D) so we just ate nearby and leaving me disappointed.

The next day my parents and I went to Greenhills for some errands and imagine my delight when the car passed by an Omakase Restaurant! I didn't even know there was a branch there! So we decided to eat there. Inside there was a waiting list of many families wanting to eat there too, even though we were hungry we really waited. But we didn't wait for long.

Let's move on to the food shall we?


First up, Soup!
Miso Soup, ₱45

We ordered the regular Miso soup. The one with tofu, wakame seaweeds and spring onions. It tastes like your average miso soup and served in the traditional mini black bowls with cover. They also have different kinds of Miso soup like one with Kani (Crab stick), Tamago (Egg), Sakana (Red Snapper and tofu) but I like my Miso soup the traditional way.

Next for appetizers we ordered...
Tuna Tataki, ₱180

It's like tuna sashimi but it is lightly seared and rolled in chili powder and topped with sesame seeds! It is served with special vinaigrette sauce. I got to say that I really liked this and that's saying a lot since I feel squeamish to eating sashimi! I don't like the raw texture of fish it's like dense gelatin but since this one is seared, I didn't seem to bother me much. Plus the spicy taste and the sour sauce, This dish is worth tasting!

You are not eating in a Japanese Restaurant without eating Sushi so we ordered a fusion type of Maki
 
Mt. Fuji Roll, ₱270

 We ordered this from the Makimono Range an it is deep-fried tuna inside with Unagi (eel) with a slice of cream cheese on top. Even though the tuna is deep-fried, it's not yet cooked through it's similar to the Tuna Tataki. Plus the Unagi and Cream Cheese combo is heaven!! It also comes with a different sauce that compliments the maki. I would definitely order this again!

5 pieces Ebi Tempura (Shrimp), ₱260

Ebi tempura is much of a requirement when eating in a Japanese Restaurant. I found this extremely crispy but not overly oily. 

Chicken Teppan, ₱200

This dish is so yummy even though it's so simple. The chicken was pan-fried perfectly, not dry but still very juicy and served with sauteed veggies and served with a sauce that merges soy sauce, garlic and butter beautifully. I can eat this all by myself and I won't share!! =P
Tofu Steak, ₱210

When I saw tofu steak on the menu, I though it was like other restos that just serve tofu with some sauce and call it tofu steak but I was shocked to see a tofu with steak! It's Japanese Tofu wrapped in a thin slice of beef then stir-fried. This tasted yummy too since I'm a fan of tofu but some may find this a bit bland. The beef is so tender that it really compliments the softness of the tofu.


Softshell Crab Tempura, ₱325

This dish is so amazing it deserves 2 pictures! hehe... I'm again not a fan of crab but once I tasted this... Ohmy, It's so delicious!! This is their best-seller according to our wait staff. Its crunchy outside but once you take a bite, it's soft and juicy and yummy!! It's my first time to eat Softshell Crabs so it was fun to eat even their shells and the pincers!! It is paired with their Ponzu sauce and the sour and spicy flavors of the dipping sauce is a winner for me. 

All of the dishes were eaten with...
a Cup of Japanese Fried Rice, ₱60

The rice tastes great too! They use bits of beef not ground beef like in other restaurants. I just wished the carrots were cooked a bit more since it was a still a bit too undercooked for me but taste-wise, it's good enough for me. =D

I liked the ambiance of the Greenhills Branch since it's fairly new.
The dining area is on the second floor and you'll be greeted by a mural of a Japanese Doll. So Kawaii!!! 

The Sushi Bar


They have enclosed dining rooms great for business meetings and parties.



The Greenhills branch just opened last June so the interiors are still new and I like this branch better than Libis because of the interiors and location. They have other branches too!

Overall, Omakase Restaurant serves Japanese Fusion dishes and the price is reasonable considering the quality of the food you'll be getting. This is now officially my Favorite Japanese Restaurant!

Have you tried eating here and what other restos can you recommend me to try? =D
HAPPY EATING!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I wish I found traciethediva.blogspot.com before ! Your site is very informative, thanks.
You nicely summed up the issue. I would add that this doesn’t exactly concenplate often. xD Anyway, good post…

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream