Friday, October 15, 2010

Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

Hi ladies! It has been a crazy past few weeks for me! Nyay.. I've been so busy so I'm sorry for not updating this sooner. I haven't just neglected this blog but also my hands and feet! I just can't squeeze in the time to get a decent mani and pedi at a salon so what do I do? I DIY it! plus It saves me money..=D

I decided to invest in a cuticle remover that promises to "instantly remove cuticles". I say invest because It set me back ₱420! much more expensive than the average cuticle remover. Did I make a great investment? Read on to find out!


Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover claims to dissolve dry cuticles in 15 seconds! That was their selling point for me. Plus they also claim that they can soften callused skin! Isn't it impressive? So now let's test this product out!

Directions according to Sally:
For Cuticles, squeeze a thin strip around cuticles and under nail tips.
 (then you have to wait for 15 seconds. The product's consistency is like a runny gel so it is easy to spread around your cuticles.)
It will actually bubble on your cuticles and you will feel like your nails are melting off... Kidding!! You won't feel a thing! For my really dry and scaly cuticles 15 seconds seems too short for my cuticles to get soft so I keep it on longer. But Sally says not to keep it for longer than 1 minute. (close kami eh! =P)


Now, begin to push back your cuticles with a cuticle pusher or the manicure stick (better known as an orange stick though it's just a thicker version of a barbecue stick cut at an angle and not even color orange! =P) Now after pushing the gel back, you can see it turning a bit white so I know my cuticles have been softened and can be softly brushed away or just wiped clean with a towel.



And that's it! To clean or trim your cuticles more just whip out your trusty nail nipper and cut away!

After cleaning my nails, I massage on some cuticle cream then if I'm not going to put on polish, I usually add a coat of The Face Shop Nail Nutrition to moisturize my nails and it adds a bit of shine while letting my nails breathe.



So for my recommendation, Is it a must buy product? For me, not really. It is quite good in cleaning my nails and removing the cuticle, but I was expecting it to to more like eliminating the scraping the cuticle part. I thought it would work like magic and really dissolve my cuticles like it promised. It did soften and remove my cuticles but for ₱420? I'd go to a manicurista for a ₱50 manicure with less effort. But if you like to do your own nails, it is better than the regular cuticle remover since you don't have to scrape that much to remove your cuticles lessening the damage to your nails.

When I do my nails, from cleaning, trimming, filing to shape, buffing and putting on polish, I actually take 2 hours or more to do it! And here I am talking that I don't have time... I just better head out to a nearby salon and get the deed done!

Happy Shopping!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream