Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SilQ Hotel at Bangkok!

Hallooow!! =D Gosh I have so much debt from this blog! I should finish blogging about our Bangkok trip since we'll be leaving this weekend for Hong Kong!

So anyway, If you are planning a trip to Bangkok and haven't found a hotel yet, I recommend the SilQ Hotel!
SilQ is pronounced as "Silk" and is located in the Sukhumvit area with a BTS (Skytrain) Station (Asok) just a few steps away which is ideal if you want to get to shopping places while avoiding the traffic Bangkok is famous for. SilQ is a boutique hotel so don't expect to have a pool or a fitness center like most high-end hotels have but they do make up for it with their excellent service!

My mom, her friend and I stayed at a Deluxe Room. It has 2 twin beds and we requested for an extra bed for me! I must say the room is really spacious!

My mom and her friend counting moolah! =D
We had room to park our luggage without bumping into each other. I expected to be in a room where we have little to no space to put our things because of the extra bed but I was pleasantly surprised.
The room had the usual flat screen TV with Thai channels! The only channels we could understand were HBO, Star Movies and CNN =D


The standard amenities are there like the mini ref, a huge closet and a safe. But what I'm really interested about is the Bathroom! =D For me, if a bathroom is dirty and ugly, even if you have an awesome room, the hotel will score low points. Thankfully, their bathroom is awesome!


They don't have a bathtub but I prefer a shower head anyway so that's a plus. My only concern was the water temperature is hard to control. One minute it's too hot then it gets cold. I only get my desired temp once I'm almost done showering! =D

 
And brushing your teeth would be a joy especially if you see this beautiful fresh orchid everyday! I don't use hotel bath products but the bottles are too cute to leave behind! =D

Now it's obvious how much I love Hotel Bathrooms since I have a lot to say about them! haha! =D


SilQ has a small restaurant at the ground floor and this is where they serve breakfast. The breakfast is nothing fancy. Just your choice of Bacon, sausage or ham with your choice of how you want your eggs cooked. They cook it once you order so you get hot, fresh breakfast all the time. With your choice of breakfast, they also have a simple spread of bread, cereal, fresh fruits, jams and juice to go with your breakfast.

One night, when we had so much walking done and we didn't have the energy to eat out, we decided to try the food at the hotel. Fortunately we did since the food is so YUMMY! Their food is more of an Asian fusion and very sophisticated.

First up! Roasted Bell Pepper cream soup with an eggplant wonton. This soup is so rich and creamy but at the same time it has an acidity that cuts the richness of the cream plus the crunch wonton in the middle gives the soup a different dimension in texture.

 
Roasted Bell Pepper soup

Then we ordered some appetizers!

I'm not much of a Calamari fan because I don't like the toughness of squid when it is overcooked but this time, Haaay it's love! The batter is so crunchy then when you sink your teeth into the squid, it's so soft and melts in your mouth. Plus it's drizzled with a mayo based sauce with cheese with kick of chilies while served over a salsa of tomatoes and fresh herbs! Soo good! =D

 
Calamari Love..=D

Meanwhile, the chicken wings or drumettes is just okay. I like the crunchiness but the sauce is a garlic-mayo with lots of MINT! It was a new taste but I'm not a fan.



And some spring rolls or what we call "lumpia" =D Come to think of it, I don't remember tasting this because I was distracted by this...


Creamy mushroom fusili! It may not look much but when you taste it, WOW!! The pasta is cooked al dente  with lots of oyster and shiitake mushrooms tossed with a bit of white wine and cream. I love the simple and straightforward taste of this dish. And I love how it's not heavy but it's very filling! (Huh? Labo?) Maybe I'm going crazy because I'm crazy for this dish that I had to order it again on our last day in BKK..=D
After my yummy pasta came out, I didn't pay much attention to their orders I just wolfed mine down! hehe.. but I did manage to get 1 more picture...

Spicy Chicken stir-fry with egg
Much like our tapsilog thai style!! =D


I only have good things to say about SilQ Hotel's service but what makes them a winner in my book is... (If you read my blog you know this already! =D)

The PRICE! or in this case the room rates. They have an ongoing promotion that if you booked early, you can get a discount plus if you book through their website, they have special internet rates. The promo is still on til March 31, 2011. While I know you can find cheaper places to stay in BKK, the comfort, location and quality of the hotel is worth it! I only paid ₱6,000+ for my share in our room and we stayed for 4 nights! I say that's a great deal!

Get to know more about SilQ Hotel though their website.





SilQ Bangkok

54 Sukhumvit Soi 19,
Sukhumvit Road,
Klongtoey-nua, Wattana,
Bangkok 10110

Tel: +66 (0)2 252 6800
Fax: +66 (0)2 252 6809





Planning a trip to Bangkok? Or if you have more questions just ask away! =D

Happy Traveling!!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream