Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bioré Cleansing Oil

Hallooo! June pretty much whizzed past as it is the most busiest month of my year as my schedule is packed! June is my birthday month, it's also the BF's birthday, our Anniversary, Cousins' and Aunties' and friends' birthdays so yes, I've been busy not to mention poor from all the gift buying and celebrating! =P

So now that things have died down a bit, let's get back to regular programming. I've hauled quite a bit of stuff from Taiwan so please forgive me if the products I'm featuring is not available locally but hopefully you can still find my posts useful. Maybe traveling soon? Let me help you on what to haul overseas. =D

I've run out of a good make-up remover and my goal was to find one in Taiwan as I've read that Asian skin care is better compared to western brands as these are specially formulated to match our skin types. I first went to Watson's and my Jaw dropped at the choices. So many brands that I'm not familiar with so I just chose the most familiar brand which is the brand Bioré by Kao.  

From Biore Website:

 "Biore Cleansing Oil effectively dissolves and removes stubborn makeup, including waterproof mascara, while lifting away dirt and impurities. Unlike other cleansing oils, it leaves no greasy film on your face and maintains the skin's natural moisture balance. It does not emulsify upon contact with water, thus maintaining its optimal cleansing performance at all times. Just apply with dry or wet hands and rinse off with water for that clean and fresh feeling!"
150ml

I didn't have a wide range of make-up with me but I slathered on the darkest eye make-up I could from all the things that I brought with me plus I used the notoriously difficult to remove Majolica Majolica Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara to really road test this cleansing oil.






I don't normally wear eyeshadow this dark but for review purposes let's pretend I'm a drag queen. =P
2-3 Pumps is enough to cleanse the whole face with heavy make-up. For normal cleansing, less product would be enough.

The oil is very runny so be careful as it may spill from your hands. Gently massage onto the face. I'm not really sure if you should use it on a dry face but you will tend to use more product with a dry face. For me I wet my face with warm water before massaging this.



For the Majolica Majorca Mascara, it was a challenge to remove as you really need to get the oil in the lashes to soften and remove all the fiber and mascara debris.


After a few minutes, rinse well and you now have a clean face to smile about! =D

What I like:
  • The scent. It smells fruity like green apples.
  • It leaves the skin really soft and supple and not greasy at all!
  • No tightness on the skin.
  • It effectively cleanses the face from eye make-up and even sticky lipgloss.
  • Affordable as I got it on sale for NT199 (₱298.5) for a 150 ml product.
What I don't like:
  • It was a challenge to remove the Majolica Majorca Mascara. =D
  • After cleansing the eye area, it gave me cloudy vision. =( but only for a few seconds.
  • The nozzle is just fitted with a plastic stopper so if you lose it, you can't bring it for travel because the pump doesn't have a lock.

I won't hold the Majo Mascara thingy against this cleansing oil because that mascara is infamous for it's staying powder but since it's my current HG Mascara, it does disappoint. But I really like how my skin feels after cleansing and I love how my skin is much clearer from dark spots and I notice how my skin feels like it's glowing after cleansing so I'm really torn about this.

Would I purchase again? Hmmm, lemme think about that when I finish it off. Part of me wants to find the Ultimate Perfect Make-up Remover Cleanser but part of me is also happy about how it leaves my skin so soft, clear and glowing. I'll cross the bridge when I get there yes? =D

This is my first time trying Cleansing Oils and I quite like it. I'm smelling a Cleansing Oil Quest brewing in my head... What brand should I try first?

HAPPY SHOPPING!!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream