Friday, July 8, 2011

Brow Quest: The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Auto Eyebrow (Pencil?)

It's been a week of not writing here because Tumblr has taken me hostage and all my online time is just spent strolling through Tumblr. I'm sorry I'm Tracie and I'm a Tumblr Addict. I will make it up to you with another entry on my quest for great Eye Brows! I got The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Auto Eyebrow (Quite a mouthful) as a birthday gift. (Don't tell but I picked it out for myself..=P) I wanted this because Nikki of Askmewhats raved about this so when I saw that the price is ok, I tried it out! =D




















This pencil is quite long. It's a good 6 inches but don't let it fool you as the product is only about 2 inches. The shape of the "lead" of this eye brow pencil is not round more like flat. The wide edge you can use for coloring in the brows while turning it slightly and you can get the thin edge for drawing the "hairs" on your brows.


I got the Shade 04 since it is their lightest one but they have 2-3 more darker shades (I'm not so sure =P) It's more of a light neutral brown which is great for those who don't want the reddish undertone of some light brown pencils.


Here are the swatches on my hand.



The top picture shows the pencil's shade in a different light setting but the true color is the picture on the bottom. You can draw a thick or thin line with this pencil. The texture is like dried out chalk/wax and I found that you need a bit of effort to have the colors show up in your skin. But then again, it's a common characteristic of brow pencils so you won't over do your brows. 

I kind of got a bit excited in making the swatches that this happened....

Arrrgh! It wasn't as sturdy as I thought it was. I brought it with me to our weekend beach getaway and now, it has completely broken off from the base. It still comes up when I twist the tube but it's not attached anymore so I am sad by this part. So I guess it's not travel friendly. Also the size really occupies the length of my Kikay Kit. But I'm confused as I think they meant for traveling since the other end is fitted with a Spoolie to blend and brush the brows out. Hmmm....


Now let's see this pencil in action...



It isn't a perfect match for my hair but I still like the neutral shade of brown it gives my brows. I also like the other end is a spoolie brush so I don't need to bring one with me. Also the flat tip is great! It's like having 2 pencils in one because of the blunt and pointed tip. And no need for sharpening! =D

I don't like that it broke on me. Maybe I'm at fault since I prolly twisted it up too much but still now it's completely detached now. Another thing is the size of it, I thought that it had a lot of product when in fact, it's small. Also the length is not too handy. 


I discovered that you can pull out the "lead" part of the pencil to have it replaced but I don't think they sell refills here locally. The other company I know that sells refills are Majolica Majorca and Elianto if I'm not mistaken.


All in all, it's a worthwhile pencil. For the price of ₱225 (Approx US$5.30) you can have a brow pencil and a spoolie brush in one!


P.S. You can see my Tumblr Here! Join me and let's be addicts together! =D

HAPPY SHOPPING!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon
your website and in accession capital to assert
that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

My homepage - best bleaching cream for face

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream