Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sweet and Flirty Make-up

Heyooo! Now I wanted to take a break from all the reviews I've been doing and I wanted to make a sort of make-up tutorial. Welcome to my first ever make-up tutorial!! Yay!

I wanted to use affordable make-up for this look but some products I used are the ones I already have and I didn't want to buy more make-up because I'm on a shopping ban. (Yes, it's torture!)

I made use of a lot of pink as it looks very feminine and it makes you look young and fresh. And can I say that writing about a make-up tutorial is no walk in the park as you need to take pictures of each and every step! Kuddos to those who have been doing this for years! =D

Now moving on.. Let's make this look! (Warning: Post VERY Picture Heavy)


I already did my Brows with my Nichido Brow Pencil in Dark Brown and set it with the Etude House Color my Brows in #2. Also I applied my trusty Tinted Moisturizer. You can use your favorite foundation for more coverage.

Step 1: Use an eye shadow primer. I used E.L.F. Mineral Eye Shadow Primer I got a while back from online sellers.Blend the primer out with your fingers.

Step 2: Choose your colors! I'm using Ellana Mineral eye colors in Halo and Belle. Each cost only ₱130 per pot!
I love how Halo may seem like frosty white but actually it's an iridescent shade of pink! It reminds me of moon stone. It's so pretty!
Using a fluffy E/S brush, Apply it over the lids but not going up to the crease line. Make sure to tap off the excess shadow to prevent fall outs.  This is the type of shadow that no matter how much you add it will still look sheer.


Step 3: Layer in more color! This time I'm using Belle, a bright watermelon pink.


Using a stiff shader brush, pat in this pink shadow 2/3 of the way.


A trick I learned from DGSBeauty that to make the colors pop is to use eye drops! I don't know what difference it made than using regular water but I like how I can just drop it directly on the brush rather than dipping the bristles in a tub of water.
Tap not swipe the brush on your lids and make sure to evenly blend the shadow because I find that wetting the brush makes it a bit hard to get even but it does make it more vibrant.



Step 4: Accentuate the crease. The way we apply eye shadow differs because of the shape of our eyes. Now my eyes are the hooded kind. It's the type that no matter how much e/s I put, once I open my eyes, you won't see it! So I won't bother defining the crease but rather deepen the corners a bit to create the illusion that I do have a crease. 

I wanted to use a matte light brown e/s so I used my UD Naked Palette for this but you can easily find affordable matte brown shadows.

 
Using the shade Naked, dab a bit on the corner of the eyes, and create a small "V" shape. Now bring the color to the crease but stopping about 1/3 of the eye. I don't want to darken my whole crease as I don't want to close up my eyes and that they will look smaller.



Step 5: Darken it a teeny tiny bit. Using the same UD palette, I'm using Buck, a rich brown that you can again easily dupe.

Just dab a bit of the color on the corner "V" shape and gently blend it with the pink shade. 

Step 6: Using a matte light pink e/s for highlighting and blending. Here I'm using the massive Revlon Matte e/s in 002. This e/s pan is so big that I don't see it getting used up anytime soon. I used a matte shadow to highlight the brow and blend and clean out the pinks and browns.



 Now, Blend, Blend, Blend! The best investment in make-up brushes is the MAC 217 Blending Brush in my opinion. It just makes putting on eye make-up a LOT easier and faster! It blends out make-up easier but not erasing the work you've done. Locally, there is no dupe for this but I've heard that Sigma Brushes have a similar and cheaper version but I don't know if it compares since I don't have the Sigma Brush. 


Step 7: Eyeliner. I'm using brown instead of black so the look will stay soft even though I wanted to add a bit of wing to the eyeliner to make my eyes look bigger.

I'm using my ELF Cream liner in Coffee. Don't laugh as it is a bit dried out already that you can see that it shrunk! Somehow I resurrected this with my damp brush fresh from the brush cleaner!

Create a mini cat eye but not too extended as to not make it too obvious.
I also lined my lower lash line 2/3's in using Elianto's Dark Brown stayliner.


Step 8&9: Highlighting. Using a pink shimmer shadow, highlight the remaining 1/3 of the lower lash line and blend it together with the dark brown eyeliner.


Now highlight the inner corners of the eyes to make the eyes pop. I'm using Virgin or a light pink frosted eyeshadow.


Step 10: Mascara!! Curl lashes and swipe on your fave mascara! I'm using the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus! Love this it looks like I'm wearing false lashes.

The finished eye look.


Step 11:Blush and Contour. Use a pink blush to compliment the lip color. I'm wearing Mary Kay Blush in Strawberry Cream.

Step 12: Now the Lips! Personally, I prefer lip stains from lipsticks because I don't need to retouch much often! This Lip stain from ELF Studio line is great because the coverage is just like a lipstick and doesn't come off easy. I just let it dry matte. The shade is Fashionista.


Step 13: Set everything with powder. I'm using the Palgantong Theatrical Powder in Original Beige. I love how this powder is very finely milled and creates a very smooth surface on the skin. It looks like you've airbrushed your make-up.


And that's it! Phew! Now I hope my boyfriend sees this post so he can understand why I take so long in getting ready!And that's just for make-up, add the time I fix my hair + choosing what to wear!! =P
Seriously this post is looong... But hopefully you find this helpful in some way. Thanks for not complaining for having too many pictures of my face! =P

HAPPY TUESDAY!!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream