Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vintage Vixen Make-up

How are you all with our gloomy stormy weather? I hope everyone is safe out there and try not to leave the house unless it's absolutely necessary. Safety first! Shopping Later. =P

I love love, E.L.F.'s Studio Line Lip Stain in Fashionista so I decided to also get the other shade, Red Carpet! It's sad that here in the Philippines, only 3 shades are available and the shade Birthday Suit is a very pale pink that's flattering on very pale or very dark skin so for us Filipinas with our fair-medium skin tone, we don't have much choice. I wish they also bring the other shades available here. Enough Ranting! =P

This look is inspired by the lip stain because of it's bright cherry red shade, I thought it would look great for a vintage inspired look!


I tried using affordable make-up so you can easily achieve this look without breaking the bank! 

I already applied my trusty Tinted Moisturizer, Concealer and Brows. I also applied an eyeshadow primer.


I'm using Ellana Mineral eyeshadow for this look.


Inspiration is described as a golden beige frost. It offers a wash of colors on the lids with a a frosty finish that makes the eyes pop.


Brush the eyeshadow all over the lid using a flat shader brush.

Beloved is a mid-tone chocolate brown with a matte finish. Using a round crease brush, lightly define the eye crease.

Blend the crease color and make sure there are no harsh lines.

Using Revlon's Matte shadow in 001 to highlight the brow bone and blend out the eye shadows.


Then use Inspiration to add highlight on the inner tear duct area.

Next is to add winged eye liner. You can use liquid but I prefer a Gel Liner as it offers a bit more control while having the effect and darkness of a liquid eye liner.


I'm using Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner but I highly recommend Maybelline's Gel Liner for a cheaper alternative! I just ran out of that so I'm using Bobbi Brown this time.


Make the eyeliner prominent and extend the eyeliner to make a winged effect.

Now to really create that vintage look is to have long wispy lashes. To achieve that, let's wear False Lashes!

I bought this box of lashes from my trip in Taiwan and it's so inexpensive! A box of 10 lashes only cost, 100NT or ₱150! That's ₱15 per pair! =D These kinds of lashes are best paired with winged eye liners as it the shape extends the eyes creating bigger looking eyes!

If your looking for this particular shape of False Lashes locally, I used to buy from the Face Shop in XLH. I like the Face Shop's better because of the length is just perfect. For the Taiwan Lashes, I have to trim it to fit my eyes.


After trimming, apply a thin strip of eyelash glue and wait for 30 seconds before applying on the lash line.

When the glue is dry, apply eyeliner on the strip of the false lashes to blend out the false lash band.


Because of the heaviness of the false lashes, I wanted to open up my eyes more but I find that using white eyeliner on my water line is too obvious for my skin tone. Fortunately, I have the MAC Chromagraphic Pencil that instead of the stark white shade, it has a flesh or skin tone color.


Using an angled brush, slightly darken the lower lash line with the eyeshadow Beloved or you can use a dark brown eye liner but make sure to smudge it out for a softer look.
Now, contour your face. This part is important for the Vintage Look, after this you can just apply lip color since the vintage look doesn't really have blush but I wanted to add a bit of flush to my cheeks.

I'm using Doll, for a Light Pink Peach blush that is not too bright and obvious. I don't want it to clash with the very bright lip color I'm going to apply.


Now the Lips! The most important part in achieving the Vintage look. Bright Red Lips, preferably with a matte finish with the cupid's bow accentuated.
ELF Studio Lip Stain in Red Carpet























Use the lip stain but don't use the gloss side so that the lip is matte. If it feels too drying for your lips, you can wear lip balm underneath the stain. And make sure to exfoliate the lips so that cracks and peeling lips won't bother you.


Using the MAC Chromagraphic Pencil or a white eyeliner, draw a small "V" on your cupid's bow to define the shape of the lips. It also creates a bit of highlight to draw attention to the lips.

Just dust your face with setting powder for a nice matte finish and that's it! This look is very wearable even if it's a dated look. For a night out or if you just want to look fierce on a normal day, this look is great to try out! =D
Edited photo for a Vintage Feel! =D


HAPPY MID-WEEK!! Friday's just around the corner!


0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream