Hello! I love lazy day weekends like this. Just lounging in bed all day with no plans in mind. So what a better time to write this!
I've discovered this lipstick a while back and now I'm sharing them to you. It's the Beauty Treats Lipstick. You might have spied their stall in Watson's but never tried their products before, I know because I was like that! I judged it too quickly! After seeing that it was marketed as mineral make-up but with a closer look you would really doubt that because it looks gimmicky and the ingredients are not listed too so I immediately demoted this brand as cheap and fake mineral make-up.
I don't know what happened but one day, but my mom and sister passed their stall in Watson's Megamall and saw a wide array of lipstick on display. We were curious and decided to test out some of the lipsticks. And me being a skeptic on the brand was really surprised to see how pigmented and lovely the colors were. There were corals, blue-toned pinks, nudes and shades of red that were really wearable. I think we spent an hour testing out the lippies and what's great is that they also offer different finishes, they have long wearing matte, creamy and glossy lipsticks!
These are what I have at the moment.
Now on to the swatches?
Pink Lady is a lovely bright pink in Matte finish and I love how it really stays on my lips. If ever i do eat or drink, it gets faded but my lips still have color. I also love that though it's matte, it's not overly drying on my lips! But again make sure you coat on some lip balm before applying any matte lipstick. Though this is not the most long wearing lipstick I've tried.
Magenta is the same finish as Pink Lady and I love that it's a deeper pink with a bit of a berry undertone. This shade will flatter most skin tones.
I bought Cranberry since I was looking for a Holiday Lipstick. I wanted a deep red but that is not too dark and I loved that it has a slight berry undertone so it wont turn brownish. Now Cranberry is not cut from the same cloth as the first two. Aside from the packaging, this deep red has some glitter and has a strong rose scent. I personally despise rose scented anything and imagine this on your lips, well I had the gag reflex going! If I could get over the scent, I would say that the formula is okay. It stays on long enough before you would have to retouch and the chunky glitter is not that bad, actually it looks nice on photos. On my swatch it looks lighter but in actual it's a tad darker on the lips and it applies evenly and opaque.
While researching, I found out that the first 2 lippies are from a different company in the states, It's from LA Passion while cranberry is really from Beauty Treats, USA but I guess Beauty Treats will be the distributor here in the Philippines.
Now my feedback:
- I really love how pigmented they are and the matte lipsticks stay on long enough without frequent retouching.
- A wide range of colors and finishes!
- The LA Passion Lippies retails for only ₱219! While the BT one is ₱249. I still say it is cheap for their performance.
- The cheap and gaudy packaging! The LA passion lipsticks are cased in cheap glossy black and if you're not careful, I feel that the cap would crack plus the tacky label. The Beauty Treats Lipstick actually made me laugh at first because I felt like I was buying a genie in a lamp and not a lipstick! I mean, what is up with that? it is so bulky and not convenient for putting inside your purse.
- The Beauty Treats Lipsticks' scent. It is so strong it will make you dizzy!
- Not all Watson's carry the same range of lipsticks. I found that the one in Megamall has more options.
With those in mind, I still would like to try more from this brand but I guess i would skip the genie-looking lipsticks! I can't get over the scent.
is available in selected Watson's or SM Beauty Outlets.