Wednesday, February 8, 2012

NARS Mata Hari and Albatross w/ Swatches


I've never given the brand NARS some thought before. I'm not a fan of high-end cosmetic brands. I mean well, If I have tons of money, I would definitely buy expensive make-up but since I spend hard earned cash for my splurges, I usually try to find good quality but inexpensive make-up all the time. I believe that there is always a cheaper dupe out there. But I don't live under a rock so I know the reputation of NARS Blushes very well. They have been ranked as one of the top quality blushes of all time but I've never given it much attention until one day, while strolling through Rustans, Shangri-la. Now, If you're trying to save money, DON'T even go near the store or else your "must buy" list will have more items Guaranteed! (For me anyway! =P) 

I was with my mom and sister and for the longest time, my mom has been looking for a highlighter. I've recommended cheaper alternatives like Ellana, NYX but she has been lemming for a MAC Mineralize Skin Finish but somehow the ₱1,600+ price tag was stopping her. Then we drifted off to the NARS counter and I told her I recalled a highly rated highlighter called Albatross. We swatched it and just like that, we were SOLD! It's definitely not cheap with the ₱1,450 price tag but wearing that highlighter just felt right. After looking in the mirror, I saw how much my skin glowed all healthy and bright and my initial thoughts of high-end cosmetics broke down and I remembered thinking to myself that I MUST HAVE THIS!!


It has a creamy white base but with a light hand, the yellow-toned shimmer will stand out in your skin that instantly brightens it. I swatched this when I was down with the flu and my skin was really sallow and dull but after adding this to the cheekbones, the outer corners of the eyes, under the eyes and the temple, It made me look healthy in an instant!

  I swatched more of the testers and the rest they say is history. I AM HOOKED! I love that the texture of the matte blushes are creamy and not chalky and the shimmer blushes have a great balance as to not look too shimmery. But the shade that really stood out for me was Mata Hari. I liked everyone's favorite the Orgasm blush but I feel that there are a lot of peachy-pink blushes with gold shimmers in the market so the matte plum-pink shade of Mata Hari was love at first sight. Paired with a dark red lipstick and it's a great night or fall look. Pair it with a pink lipstick and you got an everyday blush.


It's a matte pink with a tough of plum. This pairs well with berry lipstick shades. This blush is seriously pigmented so a very light hand is needed. I love matte blush but I have trouble finding good ones because most I find are really chalky and powdery and don't last long so this was a great find for me. I love how it's matte but not hard to blend on the cheeks. And I like also how you can have a sheer application or layer it on to add more color.
I'm in trouble since discovering this brand, I want more! Yikes! This retails for ₱1,450 so splurging on more shades really makes me think before buying. I was lucky that these were gifts from my Mom and Sister so for me, I'd still think hard and long if I would buy it myself. I'd put off thinking about it until the next epiphany. (Read: Next MUST HAVE THIS moment!)


HAPPY SHOPPING!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up, I check your blogs regularly. Your story-telling style is witty, keep doing what you're doing!


Also visit my web blog click here

Anonymous said...

rosacea doctor Fontanet

Also visit my webpage :: Sidell rosacea treatment

There was an error in this gadget

Follow me from Facebook!

Followers

Leave me your shoutouts!

Shopping Categories

My Live Traffic Feed

Welcome Visitors!

free counters
 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream